If you are in immediate danger, always phone the police on 999.
If you are a Tuntum tenant and experiencing domestic abuse please contact us and we will be able to give you advice on your housing situation. There are a range of options from making your current home more secure, to helping you find a new place to live.
The National Domesic Abuse Helpline – site has very good information that applies to anyone in any area about what to do in an emergency and how you can prepare if you are thinking about leaving.
Further contacts and information:
- National Domestic Violence Freephone Helpline: 24-hour helpline 0808 2000 247 http://www.nationaldomesticviolencehelpline.org.uk/
- Women’s Aid: For a full A-Z list of local support groups www.womensaid.org.uk
- Refuge: For support and advice, literature and articles refuge.org.uk
- Men’s Advice Line and Enquiries: Support for men suffering domestic violence and abuse 0808 801 0327 www.mensadviceline.org.uk
- Respect not Fear: Website offering information and support for young people on domestic violence and other related issues in Nottinghamshire www.respectnotfear.co.uk
- Mankind Initiative: Support for male victims of domestic violence and abuse 01823 334 244 www.mankind.org.uk
- Karma Nirvana : A confidential helpline providing emotional and practical support and advice of forced marriage and / or honour based violence and abuse 0800 599 9247
- Galop: The LGBT+ anti-violence charity 0800 999 5428 www.galop.org.uk
The Women’s Aid site – has advice on using computers safely and covering your tracks, if necessary. You may want to use a computer in a library or at a friend’s house.
The Survivors Handbook from Women’s Aid – provides practical support and information for women experiencing domestic abuse, with simple guidance on every aspect of seeking support. It covers everything from working out if you think you may be in an abusive relationship to what to do to protect your children.