Refugee Futures supports families and local agencies in integrating refugees into communities in Nottinghamshire.
We have developed a toolkit of support options for commissioners, offering input around the setting up of infrastructure for families, and working with local communities, voluntary groups, partners and employers. Some of the things we do include:
- Furnishing houses for newly-arrived families
- Facilitating access to healthcare, including GP registration and mental health provision
- Facilitating access to education, liaising with schools and adult education providers
- Building support networks with other refugees and volunteer groups
- Supporting language acquisition, including setting up conversation classes
- Cultural awareness raising within the community
- Developing opportunities for voluntary placements
For more information, please contact Delores Vassell or call 0115 916 6069.